What is the Care It Out® approach?
It's a caring and tailored sleep service
Even if your Small's naps are non-existent, sleep is a total shiz-show or they haven’t slept for a week, there’s always bedtime biology behind their sleep struggle along with a caring and logical way to a settled night’s sleep.
I know it seems unbelievable that this really can happen, that it’s possible to care it out, not cry it out! It’s natural to be a little sleep sceptical, it still blows my mind every. single. time. and I get to see it all the time! But by working with their bedtime biology and getting to the root cause of the sleep struggle, a settled night’s sleep can follow… the caring way.
there’s always a caring way to a settled nights sleep. Whether your child is:
- A New-born
- A Baby
- A Toddler
- A Pre-schooler
- Aged up to 8
Sleeping in their own room
Will my baby cry?
Every Small is unique and will respond differently to their sleep suggestions. It really does depend on what we are changing; for some sleep stories it’s a small tweak that makes a big difference whilst for others it can be looking at bedtime boundaries which can take time.
If we change something big, it’s unrealistic to expect it to be totally tear free BUT my role is to minimize the crying AND if they do cry we will meet that need every single time.
This is care it out, not cry it out!
How long until I see sleep improvements?
Your sleep story is one of a kind so it depends on what we’re focusing on. We go at your Small's pace because let’s face it they are in control of this sleep gig!
Most families will start to see improvement within 10-14 days if they are consistent and keep in touch with me.
The average time I work with a family for is 2 weeks and the majority are ready for sign off at this stage. They may not be 100% at their ideal sleep situation but they feel confident to go sleep solo.
Some families of course can see big improvements much sooner and for some it may take longer.
What happens at my consultation?
I’ll call or visit you at home at our confirmed time.
- We’ll work through your sleep story together and I’ll pinpoint exactly why your Small’s sleep is disturbed. Rest assured it’s never something you’re doing wrong - there’s always biology behind a sleep struggle!
- I make my caring sleep suggestions. Don’t worry I won’t tell you what you should do or tell you to leave your baby to cry! It’s important that you tell me if you think my suggestions aren’t going to work for you so I can suggest something that will.
- We say our goodbyes leaving you feeling reassured, informed and excited that things can get better with time and consistency.
What happens after my consultation? If you’re on a sleep service package:
I’ll send through detailed and clear sleep suggestions as discussed in your consultation within 48 hours.
You start to implement your sleep suggestions.
- Your aftercare: you get 2 weeks to stay in touch and keep me updated. It comes as no surprise that the families who make the most progress are the ones that stay in touch with me!
- We can catch up every day if needed, just send me an email by 9am and I’ll give you a call slot.
- Please note that if I haven’t heard from you by 9am it’s unlikely I will be able to call you back.
What happens once my aftercare finishes?
Don’t worry I’m not planning on going anywhere!
Most families get signed off after 2 weeks meaning they’re either at their ideal sleep situation or they feel confident going sleep solo.
If you feel you need some extra support I’m always happy to answer general questions via email and you can top up your aftercare for an additional charge subject to availability at any time.
Can you give me a guarantee it will work?
Sadly there aren’t any guarantees in life and I would feel dishonest if I said that every family gets to their ideal sleep situation. What I’m certain of is:
We’ll only work together if I feel confident we can move forward.
- I’ll be totally upfront if there’s anything likely to affect your progress before we start for example, reflux/illness/weight.
- 98% of families are over the moon with the progress they make.
Why Care It Out®?
It feels like you’re the reason why your Small is sleep struggling (clue: it isn’t).
It feels like you’re getting it all wrong, you feel sleep swamped and don’t know where to start.
It feels like you’re making bad sleep habits.
Sleep makes no sense anymore, and it feels like there isn’t any light at the end of your tired tunnel.
You've had enough of sleep shoulds.
Most importantly I know that you REALLY don’t want to leave your Small to cry.
With my Care It Out® approach:
There’s no bed blame or sleep shame.
There’s no right or wrong - just what works for you.
There are no bad bed habits to be made.
There’s light at the end of your tired tunnel.
There are 'caring sleep suggestions’ not ‘shoulds’.
You really don’t need to sleep train or leave your Small to cry.